I used a CW drawers pattern (Simplicity 2890), but adjusted it so that the legs were not as full, and took out the tucks. They legs are attached to a waistband, like the ones below, instead of tying on separate. I am not sure yet, but I think I will wear these as CW drawers as well.
My original plan for these pantalets was to put some Broderie Anglaise around the bottom like the two pairs feature below. I did a lot of reading but I wasn't feeling very confident about doing the Broderie Anglaise...so I didn't. I'm still not exactly sure how it's done...but I did learn a little bit. At first I thought you just punched holes in the fabric and sealed it off with like nail polish or fray-check, or I'm not sure what. *wince*. I now know that it's similar to eyelet...but different. And that's the part where I was getting confused. And so we move along.
When I saw this picture of some 1820's pantalets that had lace insertion I thought I'd try that. I do understand how that is done and had been wanting to try it for several months.
After that I'm not really sure what happened...I think I just wanted a little bit of colour at the waistband. I had some early 19th century embroidery patterns printed out from a previous project, and so I just did a little embroidery there. And then I think I wanted the colour at the hem too so I just went ahead and did embroidery there as well. At first I thought I wouldn't like it, since I prefer a more simplistic look, but it's just enough to add detail without being over the top.
|french knots!! :)|
|yes...the do split. It's slightly disturbing to me still...|
|forgive the skinnies and the sweater :P I didn't feel like getting all garbed up for a picture. :O I'm currently sick. blah.|
I would have done more of a tutorial for you, but it was literally just attaching two legs to a waistband. And my embroidery skills are not even close to being good enough for a tutorial on that. I will do a lace insertion tutorial one day, but until then, here is a good site to check out. :)
I'm happy with my new pantalets. A very time consuming project, but rewarding :).