I made another peplum shirt yesterday, and finished it just in time to wear to church last night :). It's made from the pattern of the first peplum shirt, with a few changes. This is my favorite of the two so far :).
I used red and grey striped cotton knit, and it's a little thicker and not quite as stretchy as the material peplum #1 was made out of. For the sleeves I traced out a sleeve shape similar to a regular t shirt sleeve, and then added length for the ruching up the center. The sleeve also has a slight gather at the top.
The fabric and the zipper were both free, so this shirt cost nothing! :) Here are some pictures of the finished top.
|ruched sleeves! :)|
|I didn't really try to match the stripes up, but they do match just about everywhere :) Go random pattern placements! :)|
One more shirt left to go. I think it will be my favorite....it's definetly going to be classified as "vintagy", a look I love but haven't tried to pull off yet. Pastels...lace...fluttering....bows...flowers. :)
So that was Peplum Shirt #2. Hope you liked it!