Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Blog Petticoat

The blog petticoat is finished!! :)  I've called it the blog petticoat because the fabric it's made of is the same as our blog background. :)  First off is a little scoop on the petti, and then some pictures from a quick photoshoot :). (And just so you don't get confused, this is the petticoat and stomacher I made for Caroline to wear with her RevWar gown.)

I sewed the petticoat using a mixture of machine and hand-sewing.  My original plan was to hand sew the entire thing, but I've run out of time.  The back is pieced linen, and the front is the patterned fabric.  It is pleated and then sewed to a piece of cotton twill tape which  makes the waistband/ties.  

The stomacher is pink linen, re-purposed from a large shirt.  I did two layers of the pink linen, and then one layer of tan linen since the pink was so lightweight. It's hand-sewn.
the back of the stomacher
I tried a poof hair-do today...and I think it turned out pretty nice! 







Hand-sewn neckerchief with white embroidery (I didn't do the embroidery) 


close up of the stomacher

~Theresa

5 comments:

  1. Oh beautiful work! I love the poof! That gown is adorable! good work, Theresa :) Oh, I love the scenery, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The scenery is a place in my backyard we call Shanty Town (aka Stonegate Towne). We built a lot of shacks up there once and had our own "historical" village...before we got into re-enacting :).
    ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful :-) You have such skills! I'm SO impressed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like "still" to follow your blog ;-) When will you start your quilting project? Look forward to see how good you are with that. I'm sure you'll make it too!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Marie! :) I am not sure when I will start my quilting project, I will probably end up starting with something small. I was in Pennsylvania week before last and I saw some really cute quilted hot pads. I'm thinking I might attempt something of that sort before I pull out the big quilt!
    ~Theresa
    p.s. it says I'm anonymous because I'm currently signed into my other blog. :)

    ReplyDelete