Caroline's best dress got finished up yesterday afternoon :D. She made the buttonholes and attached all the buttons-these were her first buttonholes. Yay Caroline! :) I don't have any pictures of the construction of this dress, but I did take some photos of the finished product.
For this dress I didn't use a particular pattern. I draped part of the bodice, and drafted part of it. My only real problem was that I made the waistband too small (and then ran out of fabric), so instead of the stripes going from the waist out, they get more spread from the neck down. But that's ok. She's actually not wearing her corset with the dress in these pictures....she didn't feel good laced that tight, so I pulled and pushed with out it to get the hooks and eyes at the waistband to meet with out it.
I had planned on piping the armholes, the back seams, and the waistband, but in the end only the waistband is piped. I had piping made for the others, but it was too late by the time I realized I had forgotten to pipe the other seams. oops. Well I'll pipe the next dress!
|she said don't look close at the buttonholes...:P (I really think she did a good|
job, especially these being her first!
|Here you can see the 2 large tucks at the bottom|
|she's wearing my civil war earrings....not sure about their authenticity,|
but that's what I wear anyways :P
|And as a bonus, Andrew was so cute in the hoopskirt! :)|
|he really enjoyed playing peek-a-boo under it too ;)|